What is a position paper?
Position Paper is an essay detailing a country's policies/stance on the given topic for the given committee. It is usually one to one-and-a-half pages in length. The position paper should include a brief introduction followed by a comprehensive breakdown of the country's position on the topic for the given committee. A good position paper will not only provide facts but also make proposals for resolutions.
The students are requested to write a position paper on any one of the below given topics from the perspective of any country or in general aspect.
* Developments in the Field of Information and Telecommunications in the Context of International Security (GA-General Assembly)
* Youth, Peace, and Security (SC - Security Council)
* Providing Adequate Shelter for Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (UNHCR - United Nation of High Commission of Refugees)
* Human Rights of Unaccompanied Migrant Children and Adolescents (HRC - Human Rights Council)
* Promoting the Responsible Disposal of Electronic and Hazardous Waste (UNEA - United Nation Environment Assembly)
Schools can conduct this Position paper competition in the school campus with the help of a Teacher Coordinator and should send the Position paper with the Principal's approval letter either online through mail or via courier in the format that will be given to you by our team. It is mandatory to get the principal's approval, without which the position papers will not be accepted.
Eligibility: 6th to 12th Grade
Size: Minimum 600 Words
Last Date for Submission : 5th April, 2019
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (DOC/PDF)
Courier: 'Go4Guru Pvt. Ltd, IMUNC, 27H, AVM Avenue 2nd Street,Virugambakkam, Chennai - 600092, Tamil Nadu, India.
Good feedback is the key to improvement and we value our participant’s feedback to develop us.
"It has been my dream to visit the United Nations for a long time, now I have a wonderful opportunity for it. I ensure that I will try my best to win in all the rounds."
- Imran, Student
"The orientation offered to us was very useful to understand about the UN and the ROP of the MUN. It was elegantly and eloquently delivered by the trainer"
- Devi, Teacher Coordinator
We offer Model United Nations training and orientation for the students through the school.